The Kingfisher is a full colour, glossy magazine with articles and news about birds in Hampshire. There are regular features including the Walks programme and Recent Reports and Hampshire Highlights, occasional book reviews, trip reports, as well as an outstanding selection of photos of Hampshire birds taken by Hampshire birders.
It is published in February, May, August and November. The latest edition published in May 2018 included articles on
- Book Review: One Man’s Marshes
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust
- Up close and personal with the Stone Curlew
- Birds sighted at Anton Lakes, Andover
- The Black Paradise Flycatcher
- Garden Sparrowhawk
- Putting birds on the map
- Farming our Wildlife to extinction, an update
- Is it the supermarkets fault?
- Open Day/AGM and a new venue
- HOS Cryptic crossword No. 2
- HOS Cryptic crossword No. 1 – Solution
For information about the Newsletter, including contributions and advertising, please contact the editor, Phil Budd.
address: 488 Bitterne Road East, Bitterne, Southampton. SO18 5EP. email: Phil Budd
Deadline for next issue is July 1st, 2018.
For members who would prefer to receive an electronic version of Kingfisher, instead of a paper copy, please send an email to eKingfisher@hos.org.uk, with a Subject line containing the member’s name and Post code.
Previous copies of Kingfisher can be downloaded below.