Hampshire Bird Atlas
The first publication to map the year-round distribution of Hampshire's birds
Five winters and summers of intensive fieldwork across the county by 1,200 volunteers, resulted in 800,000 bird records. These have all been brought together in one place in readable and highly colourful accounts of every bird species found in Hampshire over the period.
The Atlas measures 212 x 292 mm and contains 448 pages, with over 400 photos covering 285 species.
The Atlas features
- 135 summer and 168 winter maps showing species' distribution and relative population density
- 124 maps showing the changes in summer distribution since the last atlas in 1986-91
- Tables and charts showing trends
- Explanations of how birds in Hampshire are faring
- An assessment of Hampshire's bird habitats and how they are changing
- The most comprehensive set of bird photographs taken in Hampshire
The Hampshire Bird Atlas has now been printed and distribution to most pre-publication purchasers was completed in mid December, 2015. The Atlas is now available for £35 (plus £2.99 postage and packing).
If you would like to place an order for the Atlas, please press the "Order Atlas" button below. This will bring up a window, your shopping Basket (also referred to as a shopping Cart), which will confirm your choice. If you wish to proceed with your purchase, press the "Checkout" button on the basket page, which will take you to pages where you will be asked to enter your name and address and your payment details. On the shopping Basket page you also have an option of clicking "Continue Shopping", which will bring you back to this page, without making a purchase.
The Atlas can also be purchased by sending a cheque for £37.99 and address details to the Sales Officer (see Publications page for details).
The Notes below explain how the Checkout process works.
- The shopping cart/basket is provided by RomanCart. Please be aware that the buttons in Roman Cart are fairly small, so please look carefully.
- We are only able to accept Credit/Debit Card or PayPal to pay for online purchase of the Hampshire Bird Atlas.
- We are using PayPal as the interface to this ordering system.
- When you enter your name and address information and proceed to checkout, you will be presented with a PayPal screen offering you the choice of using PayPal or a credit card. The credit card option is below the PayPal option - and is a lot less conspicuous!
- If you choose to use a credit card, you will be asked to enter the credit card number and an email address. NB.The PayPal system will not let you use a credit card OR an email address which you have already registered to your own PayPal account. If you have another card and email address then you can use them, but otherwise, PayPal will require you to use your PayPal account to pay . (Sorry about that!).
- At the end of a transaction using a credit card, PayPal will show you a screen inviting you to open a PayPal account. If you do not wish to do this, you need to scroll down to the bottom of the screen to decline.