The Kingfisher is a full colour, glossy magazine with articles and news about birds in Hampshire. There are regular features including the Walks programme and Recent Reports and Hampshire Highlights, occasional book reviews, trip reports, as well as an outstanding selection of photos of Hampshire birds taken by Hampshire birders.
It is published in February, May, August and November. The latest edition published in February 2018 included articles on
- Book Review: One Man's Marshes
- Notice Board
- Young Birders' Camp 2018
- HOS Grants
- HOS Dartford Warbler Survey
- Scilly Pelagic Trips
- Birds around our Tasmanian Garden
- Farming our Wildlife to Extinction
- Hut Wood (Chandlers Ford) - a walk through 2017
- Barred Warbler Picture Gallery
- New Forest Hawfinch - 2017 update
- BirdTrail 24th Sept 2017 - Blashford Lakes Reserve
- Hidden Possibilities puzzle: The Solution
- HOS Cryptic Crossword
- New Members for 2017
For information about the Newsletter, including contributions and advertising, please contact the editor, Phil Budd.
address: 488 Bitterne Road East, Bitterne, Southampton. SO18 5EP.
Deadline for next issue is April 1st, 2018.
Previous copies of Kingfisher can be downloaded below.