The Kingfisher is a full colour, glossy magazine with articles and news about birds in Hampshire. There are regular features including the Walks programme and Recent Reports and Hampshire Highlights, occasional book reviews, as well as an outstanding selection of photos of Hampshire birds taken by Hampshire birders.
It is published in February, May, August and November. The latest edition published in May 2017 included articles on
- Notice Board
- RSPB Big School's Birdwatch 2017
- The Art of the Twitch
- Wagtail Encounters
- Boat Tour of Chichester Harbour
- Waxwing Gallery
- Birding on the Hoof
- Getting the most out of a trip to Titchfield Haven
- A Routine WeBS Day
- An old record of Montagu's Harrier, Stone-curlew and Woodlark in the Test Valley
- Will Environmental Protection go up in smoke after Brexit?
- Bird Trail 2017: Blashford Lakes
- Word Search
For information about the Newsletter, including contributions and advertising, please contact the editor, Phil Budd.
address: 488 Bitterne Road East, Bitterne, Southampton. SO18 5EP.
Deadline for next issue is July 1st, 2017.
Previous copies of Kingfisher can be downloaded below.