The Kingfisher is a full colour, glossy magazine with articles and news about birds in Hampshire. There are regular features including the Walks programme and Recent Reports and Hampshire Highlights, occasional book reviews, as well as an outstanding selection of photos of Hampshire birds taken by Hampshire birders.
It is published in February, May, August and November. The latest edition published in February 2017 included articles on
- Seeking Chile's endemic birds from Santiago
- Shetland 2016
- HOS Surveys of Corn Bunting and Turtle Dove
- The good, the bad and the indifferent
- Reports on previous HOS walks
- Hampshire Swifts 2016
- Birding October to December 2016
For information about the Newsletter, including contributions and advertising, please contact the editor, Phil Budd.
address: 488 Bitterne Road East, Bitterne, Southampton. SO18 5EP.
Deadline for next issue is April 1st, 2017.
Previous copies of Kingfisher can be downloaded below.