The Kingfisher is a full colour, glossy magazine with articles and news about birds in Hampshire. There are regular features including the Walks programme and Recent Reports and Hampshire Highlights, occasional book reviews, trip reports, crosswords, as well as an outstanding selection of photos of Hampshire birds taken by Hampshire birders.
It is published in February, July and November. The latest edition published in November 2020 includes articles on
- Peregrines in Hampshire – an update
- New Forest Curlew Survey 2020
- White-tailed Eagles – a second release
- Nocturnal Migratioin
- The Future of HOS is in safe hands
- Butser Hill Site Guide – Matthew Shaft
- Project Godwit
- The Zoologist – ornithological report for mid-Hants 1897
- The changing scene of Hampshire Birding – personal reminiscences from Dave Unsworth
For information about the Newsletter, including contributions and advertising, please contact the editor, Barry Page – email: Barry Page.
Deadline for next issue is January 15th, 2021.
For members who would prefer to receive an electronic version of Kingfisher, instead of a paper copy, please send an email to eKingfisher@hos.org.uk, with a Subject line containing the member’s name and Post code.
Previous copies of Kingfisher can be downloaded below.