The Kingfisher is a full colour, glossy magazine with articles and news about birds in Hampshire. There are regular features including the Walks programme and Recent Reports and Hampshire Highlights, occasional book reviews, trip reports, crosswords, as well as an outstanding selection of photos of Hampshire birds taken by Hampshire birders.
It is published in February, July and November. The latest edition published in February 2020 includes articles on
- HOS Announcements including Subscription increase
- Members’ Day Speakers
- The New Forest – 32 years of change
- Swifts in Selborne
- Kestrels in the Selborne Landscape Partnership
- Hook-with-Warsash site guide
- The Bird Report 1919: a look back to 100 years ago
- Review of the Hampshire Bird Report 2018
For information about the Newsletter, including contributions and advertising, please contact the editor, Barry Page – email: Barry Page.
Deadline for next issue is May 31st, 2020.
For members who would prefer to receive an electronic version of Kingfisher, instead of a paper copy, please send an email to eKingfisher@hos.org.uk, with a Subject line containing the member’s name and Post code.
Previous copies of Kingfisher can be downloaded below.