The Kingfisher is a full colour, glossy magazine with articles and news about birds in Hampshire. There are regular features including the Walks programme and Recent Reports and Hampshire Highlights, occasional book reviews, trip reports, crosswords, as well as an outstanding selection of photos of Hampshire birds taken by Hampshire birders.
It is published in February, July and November. The latest edition published in February 2021 includes articles on
- AGM and Members’ Day
- The Storm Ahead
- Little Egret Nocturnal Roost Survey
- Which birds to look for in Spring
- Focus on New HOS Member, Izzy Fry
- Some Sites to Visit in 2021
- HOS Events go online
- Common Buzzard – Observed Behaviour
- The Willow Tit – a Reminiscence
- Book Review – Flight Identification of European Passerines & Selected Landbirds
- HOS Newsletter No. 1 – January 1979 & our Inaugral Members’ Meeting
For information about the Newsletter, including contributions and advertising, please contact the editor, Barry Page – email: Barry Page.
Deadline for next issue is May 10th, 2021.
For members who would prefer to receive an electronic version of Kingfisher, instead of a paper copy, please send an email to eKingfisher@hos.org.uk, with a Subject line containing the member’s name and Post code.
Previous copies of Kingfisher can be downloaded below.