The Kingfisher is a full colour, glossy magazine with articles and news about birds in Hampshire. There are regular features including the Walks programme and Recent Reports and Hampshire Highlights, occasional book reviews, trip reports, crosswords, as well as an outstanding selection of photos of Hampshire birds taken by Hampshire birders.
It is published in February, May, August and November. The latest edition published in August 2019 includes articles on
- HOS Subscriptions – A message from Keith Betton
- Interview – Stephen Moss
- The re-introduction of Raptor Species – the case “for”
- The history of the British Birds journal
- Site Guide – Alresford Area
- Low Tide Count in Southampton Water
- A First for Hampshire – Breeding Cattle Egrets
- Interview with Roger Riddington, Editor of British Birds
- The Willow Tit – Hampshire’s First Climate Change casualty?
- The impact of Longline Fishing on Seabirds and a British invention helping to save the lives of thousands of birds
For information about the Newsletter, including contributions and advertising, please contact the editor, Barry Page – email: Barry Page.
Deadline for next issue is September 15th, 2019.
For members who would prefer to receive an electronic version of Kingfisher, instead of a paper copy, please send an email to eKingfisher@hos.org.uk, with a Subject line containing the member’s name and Post code.
Previous copies of Kingfisher can be downloaded below.