The Kingfisher is a full colour, glossy magazine with articles and news about birds in Hampshire. There are regular features including the Walks programme and Recent Reports and Hampshire Highlights, occasional book reviews, trip reports, crosswords, as well as an outstanding selection of photos of Hampshire birds taken by Hampshire birders.
It is published in February, May, August and November. The latest edition published in May 2019 included articles on
- The Bird Man of Skomer – interview with Tim Birkhead
- Portland Observatory
- Franchises Lodge – the RSPB’s new reserve
- Anton Lakes – Brian Cartwright’s ‘Local Patch’
- A Guide to Norfolk’s Top Birdwatching Sites
- Members’ Day Highlights
- Cameron bespolka Trust
- A Good News Story for Hampshire Waders
- Birds and Birding in Hampshire – Code of Conduct
- Bird Ringing – Experiences of some younger members
- Species Focus – Lesser Spotted Woodpecker
- Supporting Conservation Through Affirmative Action
- White-tailed eagle – A Case against Re-introdction
For information about the Newsletter, including contributions and advertising, please contact the editor, Barry Page – email: Barry Page.
Deadline for next issue is August 9th, 2019.
For members who would prefer to receive an electronic version of Kingfisher, instead of a paper copy, please send an email to eKingfisher@hos.org.uk, with a Subject line containing the member’s name and Post code.
Previous copies of Kingfisher can be downloaded below.