The Kingfisher is a full colour, glossy magazine with articles and news about birds in Hampshire. There are regular features including the Walks programme and Recent Reports and Hampshire Highlights, occasional book reviews, trip reports, crosswords, as well as an outstanding selection of photos of Hampshire birds taken by Hampshire birders.
It is published in February, May, August and November. The latest edition published in February 2019 included articles on
- Chris Packham’s Thoughts and Hopes for 2019
- A look ahead to Members’ Day 2019
- Our top bird-watching sites across the County
- How four HOS Members spent New Year’s Day
- The work of a Hampshire County Council Ecologist
- How HOS members can help tackle wildlife crime
- Birdwatching across the four seasons
- The challenges for some of our species in Hampshire
- Species focus – Merlin
- Survey Programme 2019
- Wood Warbler Survey
- Fieldworkers’ Day
- Desert Island Books
For information about the Newsletter, including contributions and advertising, please contact the editor, Barry Page – email: Barry Page.
Deadline for next issue is April 1st, 2019.
For members who would prefer to receive an electronic version of Kingfisher, instead of a paper copy, please send an email to eKingfisher@hos.org.uk, with a Subject line containing the member’s name and Post code.
Previous copies of Kingfisher can be downloaded below.