The Kingfisher is a full colour, glossy magazine with articles and news about birds in Hampshire. There are regular features including the Walks programme and Recent Reports and Hampshire Highlights, occasional book reviews, trip reports, as well as an outstanding selection of photos of Hampshire birds taken by Hampshire birders.
It is published in February, May, August and November. The latest edition published in August 2018 included articles on
- Madagascar Birding Adventure
- HOS Bird Camp
- The new Agriculture Bill – a reprieve for Farmland Wildlife?
- One footed Spotted Sandpiper in Grenada
- Product Review – Peckish Bird Feeder
- Tidgrove Warren walk – a private invitation
- Hamble Walks
- Points of Interest
- Gilbert White’s Birds – setting the baseline
- The continuing adventures of Selborne the satellite-tracked Cuckoo
- HOS Cryptic Crossword No4 and solution to No3
For information about the Newsletter, including contributions and advertising, please contact the editor, Barry Page – email: Barry Page.
Deadline for next issue is January 6th, 2019.
For members who would prefer to receive an electronic version of Kingfisher, instead of a paper copy, please send an email to eKingfisher@hos.org.uk, with a Subject line containing the member’s name and Post code.
Previous copies of Kingfisher can be downloaded below.