The Kingfisher is a full colour, glossy magazine with articles and news about birds in Hampshire. There are regular features including the Walks programme and Recent Reports and Hampshire Highlights, occasional book reviews, trip reports, crosswords, as well as an outstanding selection of photos of Hampshire birds taken by Hampshire birders.
It is published in February, June and November. The latest edition published in October 2023 includes articles on
- The joys of Shetland – a letter from two readers
- Interview with Corinne Bespolka, founder of the Cameron Bespolka Trust
- My other pair of eyes – a lifetime of birding memories
- Winter gull roost survey
- My favourite winter visitors
- The next 100 years – a coastal strategy for Lymington, Hurst Spit and Keyhaven
- Swift action
- Woodlark and Cuckoo – new behaviour recorded
- Focus on Fleet Pond
- Take Five – photographer Felix Walker-Nix
- Spot the difference – Redpolls
For information about the Newsletter, including contributions and advertising, please contact the editor, Carol Rawlings – email: Carol Rawlings.
Deadline for next issue is January 5th, 2024.
For members who would prefer to receive an electronic version of Kingfisher, instead of a paper copy, please send an email to eKingfisher@hos.org.uk, with a Subject line containing the member’s name and Post code.
Previous copies of Kingfisher can be downloaded below.