The Kingfisher is a full colour, glossy magazine with articles and news about birds in Hampshire. There are regular features including the Walks programme and Recent Reports and Hampshire Highlights, occasional book reviews, trip reports, crosswords, as well as an outstanding selection of photos of Hampshire birds taken by Hampshire birders.
It is published in February, July and November. The latest edition published in February 2022 includes articles on
- AGM and Members’ Day 2022 (NB Date changed to April 2nd, 2022)
- My Bird Valentine by Leah Pink, Barry Page, Nicola Whitmarsh and Keith Betton
- The Young Ones – HOS young members go from strength to strength
New WhatsApp group for female members
- Readers’ offer – Rare Birds of Hampshire
- Did you know? Bird migration by Keith Betton
- High Drama –Winchester Peregrine update by Keith Betton
- Blashford Lakes – The Book by Simon Woolley
For information about the Newsletter, including contributions and advertising, please contact the editor, Carol Rawlings – email: Carol Rawlings.
Deadline for next issue is May 6th, 2022.
For members who would prefer to receive an electronic version of Kingfisher, instead of a paper copy, please send an email to eKingfisher@hos.org.uk, with a Subject line containing the member’s name and Post code.
Previous copies of Kingfisher can be downloaded below.