The Kingfisher is a full colour, glossy magazine with articles and news about birds in Hampshire. There are regular features including the Walks programme and Recent Reports and Hampshire Highlights, occasional book reviews, trip reports, crosswords, as well as an outstanding selection of photos of Hampshire birds taken by Hampshire birders.
It is published in February, July and November. The latest edition published in November 2021 includes articles on
- AGM and Members’ Day 2022 (NB Date changed to April 2nd, 2022)
- Rosemary Billett interview
- Longmoor Inclosure Site Guide – Matthew Smart
- What to see over the coming months – Keith Betton
- Cuckoo Rearing – Gareth Rees
- White Stork release 2021
- Tidgrove Warren revisited – Linda Sharpe
- GWCT Ringed Redshank & Lapwing project
- Members inspiring members – Dave Levy & Lynn Godden
- The latest Hampshire focussed books
- When Ruffs get rough – Trevor Carpenter
- Another gullible birder – David Hosking
For information about the Newsletter, including contributions and advertising, please contact the editor, Carol Rawlings – email: Carol Rawlings.
Deadline for next issue is January 10th, 2022.
For members who would prefer to receive an electronic version of Kingfisher, instead of a paper copy, please send an email to eKingfisher@hos.org.uk, with a Subject line containing the member’s name and Post code.
Previous copies of Kingfisher can be downloaded below.